Paytm Fastag Charges
Before knowing the Paytm Fastag Charges, lets understand about the Paytm Fastag. Paytm FASTag is an electronic device issued by Paytm under NETC program run by NPCI according to NHAI and IHMCL recommendations. This toll tag enabled with RFID technology allows for automatic deduction of toll charges at National Highways toll plazas. A vehicle affixed to a Paytm FASTag can traverse any toll collection booth without stopping to pay the toll fee in cash. It can be used across the country at over 600 toll plazas on National Highways.
How Paytm Fastag Works?
Paytm FASTag operates using Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) Technology. By paying Rs.500, you can buy it online through the Paytm website or the app. The FASTag will take 24 to 48 business hours to get activated after it is released. It will be connected to your account at Paytm Payments Bank and to Paytm Wallet. After activation, the tag will be mounted on the windscreen of your car.
As soon as you approach a National Highways toll collection booth, the RFID readers installed at the booth will scan the information available in the tag. The applicable toll amount will automatically be debited from your Paytm wallet upon successful reading of the tag. Once the balance is debited automatically, a transaction SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number. The boom barrier will then open automatically, and you can drive through the toll plaza without stopping the vehicle.
FASTag Benefits by PayTM:
- Paytm FASTag lets you make automatic cashless transactions at National Highways toll places without relying on cash.
- You can save your precious time and fuel which otherwise get wasted when standing idle in long toll queues, as it facilitates instant toll payments.
- You will earn a 2.5 per cent guaranteed cashback in your FASTag Paytm Wallet for FY 2019-20 on every transaction made at NHAI toll plazas through your Paytm FASTag. The amount is to be credited monthly to your account.
- A Paytm FASTag can only be used for a single vehicle. For smooth operation, if you have two vehicles or a fleet, you have to get separate FASTags for each.
- You can only use the FASTag at select toll plazas when you cross the exclusive FASTag lane demarcated for its use.
- For make use of this facility, you’ll need a Paytm wallet. Under the Paytm wallet the FASTag Wallet will be created as a subwallet.
- You can recharge your Paytm FASTag account online through Paytm Wallet.
- For a specific toll plaza, you can make use of a tag-based monthly pass. It will help save a considerable amount of toll costs if you regularly pass through the particular toll plaza.
- Paytm FASTag comes with unlimited validity until it depreciates or gets tampered with due to wear and tear. If it is damaged or can not be read at toll plazas, you can request a replacement tag by paying a one-time Rs.200 fee.
- Use various transaction modes such as Credit Card, Debit Card, NEFT and Net Banking, you can recharge your Paytm wallet online.
- You can reload your FASTag account with a sum as small as you like. There is no recharge value of minimum.
- For Paytm FASTag the maximum Fastag recharge is Rs.1 lakh. Which means at any point in time you can’t have more than Rs.1 lakh on your FASTag account.
- You can always close or deactivate your Paytm FASTag account without charging any disabling fee.
Since the Paytm FASTag is connected to a prepaid account, you will be required to submit your KYC documents as per the bank’s terms and conditions.
Paytm Fastag Charges:
Paytm fastag charges are as per Vehicle class.
You will also need to pay a security deposit and also a threshold sum in addition to the issuance fee.
Charges applicable on FASTag:
|PARTICULARS||AMOUNT (in Rs.)|
|Tag Fee (One-time Fee)||100 ( (Including GST)|
One-time Deposit Amount:
|NPCI Vehicle Class||Description||Security Deposit (in Rs.)||Threshold Amount (in Rs.)|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van / Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||250||150|
|5||Light Commercial vehicle 2-axle||250||200|
|6||Bus– 3 axle||250||350|
|6||Truck – 3 axle||250||350|
|7||Bus 2 axle / Mini bus, Truck 2 axle||250||250|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with trailer, Truck 4, 5 & 6 -axle||250||450|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||250||550|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||250||650|
Paytm Fastag Reissuance Fees:
|PARTICULARS||AMOUNT (in Rs.)|
|Reissuance Fees||100 ( (Including GST)|
Please Note for Paytm Fastag Charges:
- No Recharge (add-money) fee for convenience.
- Taxes shall be applicable on the aforesaid payments, as appropriate.
- The above charges are subject to change.
- The above tag deposit rates will apply as per your class of vehicle.
- Toll amount shall be deducted according to the amount available, depending on the class of the vehicle and the location used.
- Easy fleet management via App Simplified reconciliation with custom reports
How to use Paytm FASTag?
- Affix Paytm FASTag to windshield of the car.
- Add money to your Paytm Wallet.
- At any National Highway Toll Plaza join dedicated FASTag road.
- Tag reader at Toll Plaza reads the FASTag for your car, and deduct valid toll charges from the Paytm account linked to it.
- Upon payment the boom barrier will open for your vehicle to pass.
How can I recharge my Paytm FASTag?
After it is connected to your Paytm wallet you don't need to make recharges directly for the FASTag. The money will be automatically deducted from your account. Note that between adding money to your wallet and using the sticker for toll payments there is a lag time of 20 minutes required.
Customer Care Details of Paytm FASTag:
- 24×7 toll-free number: 18001026480
- Email support: [email protected]
To know more about Paytm Fastag, please click
For Paytm Fastag Login, please click
We also wrote about: