FASTag – Ideal solution for a trouble – free journey on National Highways.
The government made it mandatory for all cars, jeeps, vans, buses, trucks and off-road vehicles (commercial and private) to travel through toll booths on national highways to pay tariffs using FASTag. So its become important to know all about it, as soon this will be essential part of your National Highways Journeys.
What is FASTag?
FASTag is an easy to use, re-loadable tag that allows toll charges to be automatically deducted. This allows you to travel through the toll plaza without waiting for the cash transaction. Actually It is a sticker with a chip and antenna mounted on it.
It is affixed to the windscreen of a vehicle to enable automatic collection of toll charges, when the vehicle passes through a toll plaza, without having to stop at the toll stand.
FASTag is connected to a prepaid account which is deducted from the relevant toll number. The tag uses Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology and is applied to the windscreen of the vehicle after the tag account is registered.
It is an ideal solution for a trouble-free ride on national highways. FASTag currently operates over national and state highways at 600+ toll plazas. More toll plazas will be put under the FASTag programme in near future.
What are the benefits of FASTag?
1. Cash Back upto 2.5%
2. Save Fuels and Times
3. Online recharge facility
4. Prepaid Toll Pass
5. Web Portal for customers
1. Cash Back upto 2.5%*
You can avail a cashback of 2.5% on all National Toll payments using FASTag in FY 2019-20.
- All eligible Customers will be paid cashback also.
- Cashback is applicable only on the transactions done on National Highways Toll Plaza.
- NHAI reserves the right to change/edit modify the scheme mechanics without any prior notifications.
2. Saves Fuel and Time
The tag reader reads FASTag at the Plaza and the toll number is automatically deducted when the vehicle reaches the toll plaza. For the cash transaction the vehicle with FASTag does not need to stop at the toll place.
3. Online Recharge
Customers may recharge their tag account online through Credit Card/ Debit Card or Net Banking.
4. Prepaid Toll Pass
No need to carry cash. Customer doesn’t need to worry about carrying cash for the toll payments.
Web portal for customers. By logging in to the FASTag customer portal customers can view their statements.
Why is the FASTag important now?
A complete list of FAStag-enabled toll plazas is available on the website of India’s National Payments Corporation – — npci.org.in/netc. More toll plazas will be added to this list in the future.
In a few ways, FASTag is important to the government. This encourages digital payments, which makes it easier for cars and toll booths to keep tabs. The cost of storing and transporting cash as well as manpower at the toll booths is falling. This helps avoid the build-up of traffic at toll booths and save fuel spent by vehicles while waiting.
Some Important Information related to FASTag:
- All lanes at Toll plazas barring one in each direction is known as FASTag lanes on national highways from 1st December.
- Any vehicle which enters a FASTag lane without a tag will have to pay twice the applicable fee for that vehicle category.
- 24 certified banks, including some small financial institutions, payment banks and cooperative banks, issue FASTags. The list of banks is available in the NPCI website – https://www.npci.org.in/netc-live-members
- FAStags can also be collected at selected toll plazas, petrol pumps, RTOs, or online at Amazon.
- Depending on where you buy the FASTag from, you can either directly link it to your bank account or use a prepaid wallet to recharge it from time to time.
What are the documents required for FASTag?
You need to submit the following documents along with the application:
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle.
- Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner
- KYC documents as per the category of the vehicle owner:
- ID proof and Address proof from the list mentioned, and 1 passport size photograph
- Driving License PAN Card Passport Voter ID Card Aadhar Card (with address)
- A valid driving license would be sufficient for Address & ID proof.
- Public Ltd./ Private Ltd./ Partnership Proprietorship
- Certificate of Incorporation/ Partnership Deed/Registration certificate of the firm PAN Card of Proprietor
- PAN Card of the corporate Address Proof of the Proprietor
- Photo ID of signing authority Shop Act or other Firm Proof
- List of Directors with addresses/Name and addresses of Partners
All required documents should be in the name of the owner of the vehicle.